Scholarships – Monterey Bay Chapter
Bert P. Cutino Professional Chef Scholarship Fund
This scholarship program was created by the American Culinary Federation Monterey Bay Chapter in honor of renowned Chef, Bert Cutino. The mission of the fund is to educate and inspire local chefs with new techniques and knowledge to enhance their contributions to the culinary field and community.
- Applicants must live or work in the Monterey Bay Tri County area or be an American Culinary Federation (ACF) Monterey Bay Chapter member no matter where they live.
- Scholarship may be available from approved businesses, organizations or educational programs including:
– Culinary educational events and shows
– National or local ACF cooking classes, lectures or online webinars
– Cooking demonstrations or participation in hands-on classes
- Additional criteria include: need, experience, personal goals, future plans, accomplishments, event participation, two letters of recommendation, ACF certification, years of experience, resume.
The application will open January 25, 2024 with the due date of April 15, 2024.
Scholarships are designed for existing Chefs, Sous Chefs or aspiring experienced cooks in a Supervisory/Lead Cook position, with approval from their Chefs, for continuing educational opportunities. Click here to apply!
American Culinary Federation Monterey Bay Chapter Marc H. Vedrines Scholarship
The scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen based on the following factors:
- A career goal of becoming a chef or pastry chef
- Financial need and merit
- Minimal GPA: 3.0
- Resident of the Tri-County Area (Monterey, Santa Cruz, or San Benito Counties)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Volunteer activity
- An Essay
- Current and past employment
Recipients must enroll at a post-secondary college with a major in either culinary or pastry arts, or enroll in a culinary school. Funds must be used by December 31st of the following year the scholarship is awarded.
Deadline 03/15/2024 Click Here to Apply
The American Academy of Chefs (AAC), the honor society of the American Culinary Federation (ACF), offers educational scholarships to high school students, college students, professional chefs looking to further their education or become certified and student culinary teams currently competing at ACF Regional and National conferences.
How to Apply:
Review national scholarship application for eligibility and application procedures. Applications must be submitted with all supporting documentation by the deadline listed on the application. Only complete applications will be considered by the AAC Scholarship Committee. Applications may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
180 Center Place Way
St. Augustine, FL 32095